Nine Virtual Reality Games Win Awards
In International Serious Play Competition
LOS ANGELES – July 1, 2019 – Nine virtual reality (VR) games designed for use in education or training have been cited for excellence in the 2019 International Serious Play Awards program.
Gold Medals were awarded to:
- HoloLAB Champions, a K12 VR game that gives players a way to engage playfully with chemistry lab equipment developed by Schell Games
Silver Medal status went to:
- Breaking Boundaries in Science, an interactive VR celebration of some of history’s most influential women scientists created by Filament Games and The Jane Goodall Institute for Oculus for use in K12
- Earth-to-Mars, a serious virtual reality game designed to teach leadership skills to company employees, co-created by eLearning Studios and Headspring, the executive development joint venture of Financial Times and IE Business School
- Hoover Dam: Industrial VR, a K12 game where students experience the inner workings of the Hoover Dam. Developed by Pixela Labs
- Reducept, a virtual reality healthcare training for chronic pain treatment, created in accordance with the IASP guidelines for Pain Management. It is employable as e-health solution within physiotherapy, rehabilitation, psychology, pain centers and at home. Created by Grendel Games for RelieVR BV
- Tablecraft, a playful virtual reality game where middle-schoolers explore the Periodic Table in their own treehouse lab by combining the elements to craft common household objects and feed those objects to their virtual pet blobs, engineering their growth, poop and offspring! Developed by Not Suspicious for the K12 market
- Virtual Gaming Simulation: Labour and Delivery Simulation Game, a branching scenario game that allows healthcare learners to practice their clinical reasoning skills related to labor and delivery nursing care, within a safe learning environment. Developed by a collaborative team from Centennial College, Ryerson University, The Chang School and George Brown College
Bronze Medal recognition went to:
- myVRScope, a software solution, using AI and VR, for use in higher education that not only mitigates the lack of enough lab equipment for all to use, but provides an effective learning experience for on-campus and online learners alike. Created for Adtalem Global Education by the Immersive Learning Experience Team
- Their Memory: Exploring Veteran’s Voices, a VR experience designed to engage younger people with the work of Poppyscotland, created by Abertay University for use in museums
Winners will be given a chance to attend this summer’s Serious Play Conference Events and display their games. This year conferences will be held at the University of Central Florida (UCF) July 24-26, 2019 and the University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM) July 10-12.
For more information, go to www.seriousplay-montreal.com and to www.seriousplay-ucf.com.
310 721 9083