For Immediate Release
14 Board Games Win Honors in Serious Games Competition
LOS ANGELES – April 30, 2018 – Fourteen serious table top games were cited for excellence in the 2018 International Serious Play Board Game Award Program.
Gold Medal winners include:
- Total Recall ESNL Style, a leadership development card game useful in healthcare and other environments created by Trinity Health
- Biome Builder, a social impact education game from Killer Snails, teaches players aged 7+ about food chains and environmental factors across four unique biomes
Silver Medal winners include:
- Mission to Mars: An Agile Adventure, a corporate training game that builds decision-making skills aligned with the Agile/Scrum approach to project management, created by a partnership between ASPE Training and Smart Game Systems
- Charms: A Game of Insight, a game that encourage discussion of life questions, from Studio 9 Games
- ESHIP: Navigating Uncertainty, an experiential learning game to help college, university and high school students develop entrepreneurship skills, created by a collaboration between Biosymfonix EduGames and Aarhus University
- Constellations: The Game of Stargazing and the Night Sky, a card game where players have fun while learning about the night sky from Xtronaut Enterprises
- M.E.C.S. (Mathematics Educational Card System), a mathematics card game with web-based, interactive elements for students K12 created by Pak Kau College, Hong Kong…
- Monsters in the Elevator, a cooperative card game from Yaya Play Games that elementary and junior high school teachers can use to get students practicing arithmetic estimation.
- Tides of Trade, a game that puts students in the shoes of a trader during the Golden Age of Piracy, developed for use in museums by the University of Miami
- Mill Makers, an educational game that teaches K12 students about the operation and challenges of running a factory system during the Industrial Revolution, created by Box Games.
- Insect Intersection, a K12 game based on the mechanics of natural selection from Catilli Games. Kids take the role of insects, seeking to outbreed their rivals while avoiding predators
- La Mancha, a tabletop card game based on the novel Don Quixote for senior high school students created by Pie for Breakfast Studios
- Crazy Cats, an educational game for K12 students that teaches children about DNA, created by Catilli Games
- Lost and Found, a strategy card-to-mobile game series that teaches medieval religious legal systems with attention to period accuracy and cultural and historical context created by Rochester Institute of Technology and ConverJent.