FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Corporate, Healthcare, Government, Museum Games for Use in Training
Win Awards in Annual Serious Play Competition
LOS ANGELES – May 22, 2018 – Eleven games and simulations designed for use in training have been cited for excellence in the 2018 International Serious Play Awards Program. As game-based learning becomes mainstream, training products that allow participants to have hands on “play,” are delivering significantly better skills and retention.
Gold Medal winners include:
- The Uber Game, an interactive news game from The Financial Times that puts the player into the shoes of a full-time Uber driver. Based on interviews with Uber drivers in San Francisco, it aims to convey an emotional understanding of what it is like to try to make a living in the gig economy
- Silobuster – Atlas Bank, a simulated learning environment tailored to the financial sector to help develop leaders who can lead in ambiguous and complex situations. Designed by Lead Learning Games in collaboration with Nykredit
- AppClinic – Saving Lives!, a game created by App-Clinic, Adtalem Global Education and Filament Games for EMS, medical, nursing and allied health students and professionals, that helps players practice basic life support skill sets by administering CPR to a patient in a simulated emergency scenario
Silver Medal Awards went to:
- Space Advisors, a game created for KPMG to help uncover the full scope of a prospective client’s business requirements so that the company can select the key consultants and teams to solve the need. Developed by the Gronstedt Group
- 13 Minutes Ago, from A-line Games, explores the complexity of Basque terrorism and puts the player in the shoes of both victim and terrorist
- Dark Networks, a simultaneous two-player game developed by the Naval Postgraduate School in conjunction with the Institute for Creative Technologies allows players to explore different strategies and organizational structures, as both a terrorist network and a state try to defeat each other.
- Modigliani VR. For the opening of the Modigliani exhibition at the Tate Modern, Tate commissioned a new integrated HTC VIVE virtual reality experience reimagining the artist’s final Parisian studio. Developed by PRELOADED , the game creates a connection for the visitor with one of the 21st Century’s greatest artists
Bronze Medals were awarded to:
- Agenda Mover, a simulation co-created by Bacharach Leadership Group (BLG) and Wrainbo, that helps corporate leaders develop political and stakeholder engagement skills to move ideas forward and make change initiatives more successful
- YES Artist Adventure, a ‘Serious Game’ created by Affordance Studio that teaches artists how to optimize their professional websites in terms of personal branding, online marketing and e-commerce, has won bronze honors in the 2018 International Serious Play Awards competition in Corporate category.
- Night Shift, a mobile point-and-tap game using medical case simulations designed to help emergency physicians reduce diagnostic errors. Developed by Schell Games in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh, Dept of Critical Care Medicine
- CD4 Hunter, a mobile mini-game for use in undergraduate and graduate courses in microbiology, virology, and infectious diseases on HIV replication cycle from Drexel University College of Medicine, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease
Winners will be a chance to attend this summer’s Serious Play Conference Events and display their games. This year conferences will be held at University of Central Florida July 10-12, 2018 and University at Buffalo July 17-19. For more information, go to
www.seriousplay-dc.com and to www.seriousplay-montreal.com
Link to trophy graphic:
310 721 9083