Six Games for Good Titles Win Awards
In Serious Play Competition
LOS ANGELES – June 18, 2019 – Six Games for Good titles designed for use in educational settings have been cited for excellence in the 2019 International Serious Play Awards program.
Gold Medals were awarded to:
- Brukel, sensitizes today’s generations about the impact of war on innocent people through the voice of a reminiscing 92-year-old grandmother, created by Bob De Schutter at Miami University
- Shadow’s Edge, helps give teens and young adults suffering from chronic illnesses and serious health challenges the tools they need to master their situation, gain a sense of control and take an active role in their emotional health developed in partnership with The Digging Deep Project and Little Chicken Game Company and published by Resonance House
Silver Medal status went to:
- Headliner: NoviNews, to show players how media shapes the narrative around current events, tensions, difficulty of staying objective with conflicting motivations and tension between freedom of press and authoritarian government by Unbound Creations
- My Child Lebensborn, to create awareness for Children Born of War – the children born of enemy soldiers and local women in conflict, and how they are punished for their genes post-conflict developed by Teknopilot AS for Sarepta Studio AS
Bronze Medal recognition went to:
- Planeteers, to teach STEAM skills in an inquiry-based environment through educational quests, facts, badges and quizzes, created by STEAM Craft Edu
- Water Battle, to reduce peak water usage within a one-day cycle by shifting water usage away from the peak zones created by Grendel Games for Vitens, Anglian Water
Winners will be given a chance to attend this summer’s Serious Play Conference Events and display their games. This year conferences will be held at the University of Central Florida (UCF) July 24-26, 2019 and the University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM) July 10-12.
310 721 9083