LOS ANGELES – April 30, 2018 – Fourteen serious table top games were cited for excellence in the 2018 International Serious Play Board Game Award Program.
Gold Medal winners include:
- Total Recall ESNL Style, a leadership development card game useful in healthcare and other environments created by Trinity Health
- Biome Builder, a social impact education game from Killer Snails, teaches players aged 7+ about food chains and environmental factors across four unique biomes
Silver Medal Winners:
- Mission to Mars: An Agile Adventure, a corporate training game that builds decision-making skills aligned with the Agile/Scrum approach to project management, created by a partnership between ASPE Training and Smart Game Systems
- Charms: A Game of Insight, a game that encourage discussion of life questions, from Studio 9 Games
- ESHIP: Navigating Uncertainty, an experiential learning game to help college, university and high school students develop entrepreneurship skills, created by a collaboration between Biosymfonix EduGames and Aarhus University
- Constellations: The Game of Stargazing and the Night Sky, a card game where players have fun while learning about the night sky from Xtronaut Enterprises
- M.E.C.S. (Mathematics Educational Card System), a mathematics card game with web-based, interactive elements for students K12 created by Pak Kau College, Hong Kong…
- Monsters in the Elevator, a cooperative card game from Yaya Play Games that elementary and junior high school teachers can use to get students practicing arithmetic estimation.
- Tides of Trade, a game that puts students in the shoes of a trader during the Golden Age of Piracy, developed for use in museums by the University of Miami
- Mill Makers, an educational game that teaches K12 students about the operation and challenges of running a factory system during the Industrial Revolution, created by Box Games.
- Insect Intersection, a K12 game based on the mechanics of natural selection from Catilli Games. Kids take the role of insects, seeking to outbreed their rivals while avoiding predators
- La Mancha, a tabletop card game based on the novel Don Quixote for senior high school students created by Pie for Breakfast Studios
- Crazy Cats, an educational game for K12 students that teaches children about DNA, created by Catilli Games
- Lost and Found, a strategy card-to-mobile game series that teaches medieval religious legal systems with attention to period accuracy and cultural and historical context created by Rochester Institute of Technology and ConverJent.
Winners will be invited to display their games at Serious Play Conference Events. This year conferences will be held at University of Central Florida July 10-12, 2018 and University at Buffalo July 17-19. For more information, go to www.seriousplay-dc.com and to www.seriousplay-montreal.com
Media Contact info:
310 721 9083